Sunflower House offers competitive pay, a generous benefits package with paid time off, 401K and employer match, health, vision and dental coverage, and professional development opportunities. We provide a 37.5 hour work week (this adds up to an extra 16+ days off every year!) and a chance to work with a team of people committed to protecting children from abuse.
PART TIME FAMILY CARE RECEPTIONIST
Serves as the primary point of contact during normal operating hours, receiving and directing incoming calls, Sunflower House clients, PACES therapy clients, and visitors in a friendly and professional manner. Provides coverage of the waiting area, assisting child clients and their family members to ensure their comfort and privacy to the extent possible.
The salary range for this part-time position is $16-$18 per hour depending on qualifications.
Receptionist and Family Room Host
- Receive and direct incoming calls providing information and referrals to appropriate staff
- Monitor building access during normal operating hours to ensure client and staff safety
- Interacts positively with clients and staff, greets visitors and is attentive and responsive to reception activity. Checks consumers in for appointments and promptly notifies the provider of their arrival
- Attend to guests in the waiting area, assisting child clients and their family members to ensure their comfort and privacy to the extent possible
- Ensure cleanliness of the family room and that toys, books and magazines are organized.
- Handles information as appropriate, maintaining confidentiality of clients and protecting confidential information
- Monitor and process donations
- Complete reminder calls for upcoming appointments
- Provides administrative, clinical record-keeping or other support to Agency programs and departments
- Attend annual agency functions and meetings as necessary and appropriate.
- Checks all vendors and volunteers into our Raptor System.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum high school diploma.
- Must demonstrate professional appearance, pleasant telephone and interpersonal demeanor.
- Ability to communicate in a direct and appropriate manner, interact positively, effectively and confidently with the people we serve, partners, staff, board and volunteers
- Embrace trauma-informed and DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) practices to contribute to an inclusive culture
- Ability to remain sensitive and demonstrate appropriate boundaries and confidentiality
- Demonstrated accuracy with detailed work.
- Familiarity with standard office equipment, including computers, copy machines, and phone systems.
- Administrative experience, organizational skills, detail oriented, and proficient in Microsoft Office and Google essential.
- Ability to speak, write and read Spanish desired but not required
- Hours may vary and evening hours will be required.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Physical/Environmental / Other
Lift 25 pounds routinely
Bend, sit, stoop on a regular basis
Work in an often-stressful environment, requiring quick thinking in difficult situations
Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel in and around the region
Ability to effectively use all tools, devices, equipment, computer systems required to fulfill essential functions of the position
To Apply: Please email your resume and 3 professional references to email@example.com by September 22. Include “Family Care Receptionist” in the subject line.