join our team of child advocates
Careers at Sunflower House
Help protect children from abuse, provide support for families, and educate our community.
Please check back for open positions at Sunflower House
Educates the public (children, parents, professionals and community) about child abuse and neglect through implementation of the agency’s various education programs. Assists as needed in related activities that may include community networking, information and referral, fundraising and marketing and public relations. This is a 10-month position with a salary range from $34,000 to $38,000 depending on qualifications.
- Implement programs endorsed by Sunflower House in local schools, including caregiver meetings, in-service training for school staff and childcare centers, and developmentally appropriate components for children.
- Coordinate and schedule programs endorsed by Sunflower House, mandated reporter training and other community and professional education programs for the public.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new programming as relates to data received from the Child Assessment team, therapy team and/or community partners. This includes virtual/hybrid learning.
- With the Program Director, promote the agency’s education programs and curriculum materials to local school districts, child care facilities, professional and community organizations.
- Collect and maintain all relevant service delivery data, including evaluation results and statistics.
- Create and distribute program information in newsletter format to all local schools in Johnson and Wyandotte Counties.
- Administer program measurement tools and input evaluation data.
- Attend skill-based training to remain abreast of current research trends and best practice standards in child abuse prevention programs and cultural sensitivity.
- Provide regular updates to Education Program Director for modification to service delivery, program content, evaluation, etc.
- Attend relevant continuing education opportunities, networking meetings, committee meetings, conferences, etc, as approved and requested by the Education Program Director.
- Assist in the recruitment and use of volunteers in the Education Program wherever possible.
- Provide ongoing information and referral on child abuse and neglect as well as all programs and services of the agency.
- Attend annual agency functions, special events and meetings as necessary and appropriate.
- Remain abreast of issues related to child abuse and neglect.
- Engage in other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in education, human services or related field.
- Two years experience in public speaking, community or professional education preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and organizational skills are a must.
- Computer skills and experience with volunteers preferred.
- Knowledge of trauma informed care and child abuse and neglect are helpful.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Must be willing to work some evenings and occasional weekends.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate an ability to accomplish program goals with accuracy and within given deadlines, an ability to advance the program goals through use of written, oral, organizational and public relations skills, a willingness to remain abreast of current issues related to child abuse and neglect, and an ability to remain sensitive and demonstrate appropriate boundaries with program participants and agency staff and volunteers.
Physical/Environmental / Other
- Lift 25 pounds routinely
- Bend, sit, stoop on a regular basis
- Work in an often-stressful environment, requiring quick thinking in difficult situations
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel in and around the region
- Ability to effectively use all tools, devices, equipment, computer systems required to fulfill essential functions of the position
To Apply: Please email your resume and 3 professional references to Monica@SunflowerHouse.org by Friday, June 2. Include “Education Specialist” in the subject line.
Sunflower House’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category.
If interested in an open position at Sunflower House, please contact us today for more information.